For some reason I can not get RHEL 6 to install on one of our servers. RHEL 5.9 worked without an issue on this server but any release of 6 will not install. After booting from the DVD I can get to the main installer menu to choose a method of install but the issues start just after that.
We've tried both:
- Install or upgrade an existing system
- Install system with basic video driver
When trying option #1, it gets to a screen that has a solid cursor about halfway down, then freezes.
When trying option #2, it freezes at the point where it says: Waiting for hardware to initialize... We have waited for 3-4 days at that screen and the CPU and DVD show no activity.
I have also tried both of these in the regular bios and UEFI on the machine with the same issues.
Here are the specs to the server:
- ASUS P8Z68-M Pro LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
- RAIDMAX Reiter ATX-305WBP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
- Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I72600
- 16GB Ram
- OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB
- RHEL Download v. 6 for 64-bit x86_64
The installation media works because we just tried it on another Dell built machine but this custom box does not. I have also tried he following things with no luck:
- linux text
- linux nomodeset
- linux vga=ask
So far I have seen lots of suggestions on the forums but nothing seems to work. Could this be related to our hardware and any ideas on how to get this installer working?