It gives me a great pleasure being here
I've just ordered a VPS from a provider, this VPS is under OpenVZ.
The provider provide a one click install for various Linux distributions.
Then I have a username and password to log in as root using Putty Or SSH Secure Shell.
Please I never used Linux in my life ever as many of other people, and should use it for the website.
I've some Qs:-
1) Which distribution to be installed on the VPS? I do not have any special preferences as I never used of any before, but I look forward for a one that is better for the long run of my VPS and well coded, updated, secured, stable, find a help around for it as tutorials or any thing a like. ...etc
2) For a website, which free control panel or back end control panel to host the website (I've found only Virtualmin, and ISPConfig), please advise for which one or if you have another suggestions please tell.
3) how to secure the vps server as much as possible to avoid being hacked?
4) I will use Drupal and Wordpress for my websites (will be only 3 websites).
5) finally how to make the best use of this VPS for web hosting?