Thread: So we have three dns servers

Thanks

Default So we have three dns servers

We want to have them in three countries for the best resolving.

What countries do you think is best for this?

LA is 1, I was thinking England for 2, maybe Japan for 3 or Costa Rica

Thanks

The best network for dns is anycast based.

Anycast allows multiple, identical, globally deployed DNS servers to advertize the same IP address. For all intents and purposes, the same server exists in dozens or hundreds of places simultaneously. When an Internet user looks up your domain name, they find the Anycast instance topologically closest to themselves. Usually, there's a correlation between network topology and physical geography. A user in Madrid might find and use a node in London or Amsterdam, while a user in Mexico might find themselves directed to a node in California.
    See Anycast - Three Reasons Why Your DNS Network Should Use It | Information Security News, IT Security News & Expert Insights: SecurityWeek.Com

However, it is very costly to deploy your own anycast based dns server. So most people either select anycast based dns provider such as Amazon or deploy their own in two or three continent. Personally, I've purchased small XEN based VPS servers and they are located in London, Singapore, USA (TX), and Amsterdam city. But, I'm planning to switch to Amazon new cloud and anycast based server to save money.
    All [Solved] threads are closed by mods / admin to avoid spam issues. See Howto mark a thread as [Solved]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nixcraft View Post
    The best network for dns is anycast based.

See Anycast - Three Reasons Why Your DNS Network Should Use It | Information Security News, IT Security News & Expert Insights: SecurityWeek.Com

However, it is very costly to deploy your own anycast based dns server. So most people either select anycast based dns provider such as Amazon or deploy their own in two or three continent. Personally, I've purchased small XEN based VPS servers and they are located in London, Singapore, USA (TX), and Amsterdam city. But, I'm planning to switch to Amazon new cloud and anycast based server to save money.
    Thanks but we have software already, we are just concerned with the best locations globally to create a triangle of DNS.

Thanks

In that case just select three different counties, mid USA, Singapore and and another location in EU.
    All [Solved] threads are closed by mods / admin to avoid spam issues. See Howto mark a thread as [Solved]

Thread Information