Task: Hook up the printer and set up with Ubuntu Linux
My old distribution was unable to detect and install printer. But everything seems to work with Ubuntu Linux.
To configure / setup printer under Ubuntu Linux
1) Open GNOME CUPS Manager (Common Unix Printing System) by clicking on System > Administration > Printing menu option
2) Printers box will be opened on screen.
3) Double click the New printer option to add a Printer.
4) It will open “Add a Printer” dialog box
5) Now select Local printer or network printer. Since I am adding a local printer, I did selected Local Printer and Select port
6) Now just follow on screen instructions.
7) You can do the print test page.
Save the configuration.
9) If you need to start or stop cups print service use command:
Life is easy with Ubuntu Linux. It is really newbie friendly distribution.
sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys restart
sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys stop
sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys start